Rosenthal Bros. Pty Ltd ABN 98 007 591 504 trading as Rosenthal Automotive recognises the importance of your privacy. We understand your concerns about the security of personal information and are committed to protecting the personal information that we hold about you. Rosenthal Bros. Pty Ltd is committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles which govern the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information by businesses and allow individuals to access that information and have it corrected if it is incorrect. This policy explains how we meet this commitment.
What are the kinds of personal information we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold may include your name, address, date of birth, employment details, telephone or mobile phone and other contact information.
Rosenthal Bros. Pty Ltd collects most personal information directly from you. For example, you provide us with your information, including your name, address and telephone number, when you purchase a car or deal with us over the telephone. We may also collect personal information via face to face meetings, the internet or social media, depending on how you have contacted us regarding your enquiry.
Sometimes we may collect your personal information from third parties. Those third parties can include vehicle manufacturers in which we hold a franchise agreement with (GM Holden Ltd, Mazda Australia, Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited, Hyundai Motor Company Australia), service providers and finance and insurance companies (in relation to your request for products and services). A third party could also be a customer who has given us a referral.
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information whilst under our control. These measures include controls around access to our premises and systems, requiring our employees to comply with this policy and requiring third party service providers to keep the information we provide to them confidential. Personal information is de-identified, deleted and destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
Why do we collect and hold your personal information?
We only collect and hold information about you that is reasonably necessary for us to perform the services or provide the goods you request from us, and we handle it in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles as detailed in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may collect and hold your information in the following situations:
- If you contact us or make an enquiry in any form
- If you buy a vehicle from, or book a service through, our dealership or service centres
- If you ae a customer or client of Rosenthal Automotive
- A referral from a customer or another person or business
- From agents and contractors (including franchisors, insurers, financiers, service providers and suppliers in relation to applications for products or services or the operation of our business)
- If we have a business relationship with you
- If you apply for a position with Rosenthal Automotive or we are considering you as a contractor
- Where it is necessary to comply with any law or regulation governing the conduct of our business
- Any means permitted by law
Why we use and disclose your personal information
We may use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected including:
to tell you about other products and services that may be of interest to you or to notify you about changes to our products or services;
to learn more about your expectations of us and how we can meet them;
to disclose it to our manufacturers (GM Holden Ltd, Mazda Australia, Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited, Hyundai Motor Company Australia) for purposes such as managing safety issues and warranty claims, roadside assistance registration, for their business purposes including to resolve any privacy complaints and co-ordinating marketing by these manufacturers and/or its dealership network, related entities and service providers;
- to other vehicle and parts manufacturers, financiers, insurers, agencies and our contractors or third party service providers in Australia in connection with the purposes set out above;
- to manufacturers and third party service providers overseas (in countries such as such as the USA, Spain and other countries in Europe, Africa, Oceania, South America, the Middle East and Asia), again in connection with the purposes set out above;
- to assist our related companies and other service providers (such as information technology providers and mailing houses), so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them;
- to consider your application for a position; or
- in the ordinary operation and administration of our business; and
- if we are allowed or required to by the Australian Privacy Principles, a Court or by regulation or law.
We may require your consent to use and/or disclose your personal information if we need to use your information for a purpose that is not related to the purpose for which we collected it.
We seek to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure by ensuring that your personal information can only be accessed by authorised persons.
Accessing your personal information and keeping it up to date
You may request to gain access to personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions under privacy legislation, and update your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. We may ask you to advise of any changes to your personal information.
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised, you are entitled to complain. Please be assured, however, that we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may ask the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to investigate your complaint. For further information please visit www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact us for issues concerning privacy
Please contact us at email@example.com or at PO Box 145, Berri SA 5343 if you wish to access personal information we hold about you or seek the correction of that information, or if you wish to complain about a privacy breach by us. We will assign an appropriately senior person to investigate your complaint and we will respond to your complaint within 30 days.